The Inter Party Advisory Council (IPAC) is a constituted body recognized by the Electoral Act with a code of conduct primarily to advice the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on electoral matters before, during and after election.
Members of IPAC are critical stakeholders in every State and National politics whose voices should not be ignored.
Here in Rivers State, IPAC want the Peace and Sustainable Development being witnessed to continue unabated.
The outcome of the Governorship and State Assembly Elections of March 9, 2019 proved that the good people of Rivers State have decided that the present administration should continue to deliver the dividend of democracy to Rivers State.
The results from all polling units and constituencies where the elections were concluded have confirmed and reaffirmed to IPAC that Rivers State still need the services of Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike.
With 26 State Constituencies already declared for PDP across the State, it is crystal clear that His Excellency, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike CON, GSSRS, POS has been re-elected by the good people of Rivers State.
Specifically, the following persons have been declared elected for Rivers State House of Assemblies:
1. Hon. Sam Ogeh (Emohua)
2. Hon. Azeru Opara (Port Harcourt 3)
3. Hon. Michael Chinda (Obio/Akpor 2)
4. Hon. Martin Amaewhule (Obio/Akpor 1)
5. Hon. Kelechi Nwogu (Omuma)
6. Hon. Eddison Ehie Edison (Ahoada East 2)
7. Hon. Adonye Diri (Opobo-Nkoro)
8. Rt. Hon. Ikunyi Ibani (Andoni)
9. Hon. Ahiakwo Christian (ONELGA 1 )
10. Hon. Hon Anselem N Oguguo (Ikwerre)
11. Hon. Smart Adoki (Port Harcourt 1)
12. Hon. Enemi Alabo George (Asari-Toru 2)
13. Hon. Abinye Blessing Pepple (Bonny)
14. Hon. Chibudom Ezu (Ahoada East 1)
15. Hon. Granville Wellington (Asari-Toru 1)
16. Hon. Nathaniel Elendu Uwaji (ONELGA 2)
17. Rt. Hon. Evans Bipi (Ogu/Bolo)
18. Hon. Wami Solomon Chile (Port Harcourt Const. 1)
19. Hon. Linda Stewart (Okrika )
20. Hon. Matthew Dike (Tai)
21. Hon. Tony Ejiogu, (Etche 2)
22. Hon. Nnana Opurum (Etche 1).
23. Hon. Major jack (Akuku Toru 1)
24. Hon. Opuende Lolo Isaiah (Akuku Toru 2)
25. Hon. Aforji Igwe (Eleme)
26. Hon. Anthony Soberekon (Degema)
For national lawmakers who emerged victorious at the February 23rd 2019 Presidential and National Assembly elections, IPAC congratulates:
1. Hon. Barry Mpigi (Senator-elect, Rivers South-East);
2. Hon. Dum Deekor (Khana Federal Constituency);
3. Hon. Farrah Dagogo (Degema/Bonny Fed. Constituency)
4. Hon. Uche Nnam Obi (Onelga/Ahoada West Fed. Constituency)
5. Hon. Solomon Bob (Abua/Odua/Ahoada-East Fed. Constituency)
6. Hon. A. Dogomie Abiente (Opobo/Nkoro/Andoni Federal Constituency)
7. Hon. Boniface Emerengwa (Ikwerre/Emouha Federal Constituency)
8. Hon. Chisom Dike (Eleme/Oyigbo/Tai Federal Constituency)
9. Hon. O.K. Chinda (Obio/Akpor Federal Constituency)
10. Hon. Chinyere Igwe (Port Harcourt Federal Constituency 1)
115. Hon. Ken Chikere (Port Harcourt Federal Constituency 2)
12. Hon. Ephraim Nwuzi (Etche/Omuma Federal Constituency)
13. Hon. Bright Gogo (Okrika/Ogu/Bolo Federal Constituency)
14. Hon. Boma Goodhead (Asari/Akuku Toru Federal Constituency)
The summary of the results so far is as follows:
(i) State House of Assembly:- PDP = 26
(ii) National Assembly:- PDP = 14
From the results so far declared, The victories of February 23rd and March 9, 2019 are victories for all Rivers people that chooses Peace, Freedom, Performance and Merit over Political Gangsterism, Impudence and Impunity.
IPAC Rivers State watched in pains the militarization of our electoral process; and how Rivers People courageously stood their ground despite the arrests, harassment, violence and horrific onslaught on our democratic rights by the combined gang of renegade soldiers and F-SARs personnel. We commiserate with the families of those that lost their loved ones and call on the authorities concern to investigate the remote and immediate causes of the dead and bring perpetrators to book.
In the face of the results of those declared elected above amongst whom some has been issued certificate of return by INEC in Abuja, It will be a drama of the century that His Excellency, Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, who enjoys the supports of about 86 political party leadership and over 54 gubernatorial candidates in Rivers State is not declared reelected.
Therefore, as IPAC Rivers State await the official declaration by INEC that our Governorship Candidate, His Excellency, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has been duly re-elected in line with the peoples’ votes and overwhelming wishes, we urge the people of Rivers State to remain vigilant and continue to support the true wishes of our people as no one will take away our tenancy. Let every true Rivers Indigene and visitors staying and doing business in Rivers State continue to pray for the peaceful coexistence of Rivers State.
Once again, I thank the people of Rivers State for overwhelmingly voting for Chief Barr. Nyesom Ezenwo Wike during the Governorship elections.
We hereby advise INEC to respect the wishes of Rivers State electorates; and call on Professor M. Yakubu to immediately declare His Excellency, Chief Barr. Nyesom Ezenwo Wike CON, GSSRS, PoS Africa, as Governor-Reelect in Rivers State.
Despite the voters apathy, No level of Militarization of electoral process and intimidation will make over 80% of Rivers People not to ensure that Mr. Quality Projects is their reelected Governor.
Our advice and clarion call should not be taken for granted as we are closer to the Grassroots than any other acclaimed Rivers State Abuja based politicians.
Turning deaf ears to IPAC Rivers State advice would be counter productive as Rivers State Voters may act otherwise if their mandate is perceived to be stolen.
A stitch in time saves nine they say.
Do you have any Story You would like to be Published on PUO REPORTS? or you want to Place Adverts on the Website, If yes email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp us on 08050930922