President Muhammadu Buhari has vowed to intensify the ongoing anti-corruption, saying he will not back down despite criticisms from looters.
Speaking before a mammoth crowd at the All Progressive Congress (APC) presidential rally in Makurdi, Benue state capital, Buhari said he will expose corrupt elites, recover more money and build roads, railway and power stations to boost the economy.
He scored himself high on delivering his electioneering promise of fighting corruption, providing security and improving the economy.
On economy, he said he has made fertilisers available to farmers and stopped importation of food thereby providing food security to farmers and Nigerians.
He assured Benue residents on provision of security for peaceful elections and solicited their votes for next week’s presidential election.
APC Leader in the north central and Senator representing Benue North west senatorial zone, George Akume, described Buhari as a selfless leader refused to enrich himself despite Minister of petroleum and Head of State.
Despite his access to wealth, he told the crowd that Buhari has lived a modest life with a simple house in Kaduna town.
Akume argued Buhari has managed the economy very well with landmark projects in rail and Power and Social Investment Programme (SIP).
The former Benue governor said Benue people have no problem with the Fulanis as they have lived with them peacefully.
He alleged the State government has armed Livestock Guards who go about killing innocent people and blaming it on Fulanis.
Akume assured Buhari Benue people love him and will reward him with at least 70 percent votes, leaving Atiku Abubakar with “miserable 30 percent votes.”
Plateau state Governor Simon Lalong urged Benue people to vote APC governorship candidate Emmanuel Jime, who he said is capable of providing leadership and tackling security challenges as he had done in Plateau.
Lalong stated when governors cannot provide projects and pay salaries, they hide under crises to blame others for their failure.
Do you have any Story You would like to be Published on PUO REPORTS? or you want to Place Adverts on the Website, If yes email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp us on 08050930922