The Executive Council of Abia State Government, led by Governor Okezie Ikpeazu, held her first meeting of 2019 on Thursday, January 3, 2019, and reached the following decisions.
1. Council expressed appreciation to God, security agencies and the people of the state for the relative peace and security witnessed across the state through out the Yuletide season.
2. Council directed the Commissioner for Transport to ensure that heavy duty trucks parked along Aba Road, Umuahia, relocate immediately to Trailer Park, Umuahia, to allow free flow of traffic into the state capital.
3. Council directed the State Ministry for Public Utilities to ensure that the contractor handling Ozuitem water scheme complete the work this month to enable the people of the area enjoy good pipe-borne water supply for the first time in history.
4. Council directed relevant security agencies in the state to enforce the ban on touting and illegal revenue collection in the state. Council emphasized that only the State Revenue Services Agency is authorized to collect revenue on behalf of the state government, using acceptable and humane ways.
5. Council approved the January 1st commencement date for the implementation of a new pension management system in the state using Fidelity Pensions Managers Limited as lead Pension Fund Administrator (PFA) to link Abia State to the Contributory Pension Scheme (CPS) in order to ensure that future pensioners are not owed in the state. Council also directed that payment of outstanding pensions be prioritized when the next batch of Paris Club refund is received by the state as existing pensioners will continue to be paid by the state.
6. Council directed the committee investigating the recent pipeline fire disaster in Osisioma LGA to submit its report within two weeks.
Chief John Okiyi Kalu
Honorable Commissioner For Information
Do you have any Story You would like to be Published on PUO REPORTS? or you want to Place Adverts on the Website, If yes email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp us on 08050930922