The Minister of Transportation Mr Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi has been accused of hijacking the Congress Materials of the All Progressives Congress meant for Rivers State.
SUMMARY OF THE PRESS CONFERENCE ADDRESSED BY MEMBERS OF THE STATE WORKING COMMITTEE OF RIVERS APC THIS MORNING AT THE APC SECRETARIAT, PORT HARCOURT
1. Early this morning, members of the State Working Committee addressed a press conference at the APC Secretariat in Port Harcourt.
2. Deputy State Chairman of the Rivers APC, Chief Peter Odike, lead the Youth leader, Legal Adviser, Welfare Officer, State Auditor, Senatorial Vice Chairmen of Rivers south-East and Rivers East, Assistant Youth Leader, ex officios and many other members of the SWC of the party in the press conference which was attended by thousands of party members.
3. What necessitated the press conference was when thousands of party faithful across the 319 wards of the state who had duly obtained tellers from designated banks by the APC national and paid money for the nomination forms into the party’s dedicated accounts got to the secretariat to obtain their nomination forms only to discover that all the nomination forms have been hijacked on the orders of Rt. Hon Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi to INTELS camp facility in Port Harcourt.
4. The State Secretariat of the party where all party activities are supposed to take place was, as is still deserted. Faithful Party members raising their bank tellers to members of the press are only those seen at the APC secretariat. Chief Dr Ikanya has relocated to the INTELS camp in Port Harcourt under heavy security guard where he is colluding with Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi to subvert the will of APC members.
5. The effect of the shenanigans perpetrated by Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi and Dr Ikanya is that party members have paid money for nomination forms, yet, no form has been issued to them few hours to the ward congresses. All the nomination forms are in possession of Rt. Hon Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi at INTELS camp where on his instruction, the forms are being issued to some persons and a list of purportedly elected ward officers of compiled ahead of the congresses.
6. The NWC of the party alerted President Buhari, the National Leadership of the APC to immediately call the Minister of Transportation to order as he is bent on painting our dear party in bad light by rubbishing the change mantra of our party and the culture of the rule of law and due process the President is working hard to instill.
7. The NWC members and thousands of Rivers APC faithful vowed to resist the impunity, illegality and subversion of the will of the people being championed by Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi and his acolytes in Rivers APC.
8. They vowed to keep vigil at the APC secretariat until they get their nomination forms which they have duly paid for.
Do you have any Story You would like to be Published on PUO REPORTS? or you want to Place Adverts on the Website, If yes email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp us on 08050930922