FG Extends Search For Dapchi Schoolgirls To Neighbouring Countries

0
30

The Federal Government on Friday said it has extended the search for the 110 girls who were abducted from the Government Girls Science and Technical College (GGSTC), Dapchi, Yobe State to the neighbouring countries.

Top military and security officials on Thursday traveled to the North-east to add more urgency to the search, which has now been extended beyond the North-east region.

This was revealed in a statement signed by the Special Adviser to Lai Mohammed, the Minister of Information and Culture, Segun Adeyemi.

The statement listed the officials to include the Chief of Defence Staff, General Abayomi Olonisakin; Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas; Chief of Army Staff; Lieutenant – General Tukur Buratai and the Director-General of the Department of State Services, Alhaji Lawal Daura.

“They joined the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, who had earlier relocated to the North-east, as well as the National Security Adviser, Major General Babagana Monguno, who has also visited the theatre,” Mohamed said in the statement.

The Federal Government on Tuesday, February 27 released the names and details of the 110 girls who were abducted, after the attack on the GGSTC in Dapchi, Yobe State, on Monday, February 19 by Boko Haram insurgents.

The panel set up by the Federal Government is aimed at unraveling the circumstances surrounding the abduction of the girls. It was inaugurated on Thursday by the National Security Adviser (NSA), Babagana Monguno.


Do you have any Story You would like to be Published on PUO REPORTS? or you want to Place Adverts on the Website, If yes email us at info@puoreports.com or Whatsapp us on 08050930922
Loading...

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here