Ohafia South PDP members vow to work for Governor Ikpeazu and Hon Uko Nkole ‘s re-electio
Members of the People Democratic Party (PDP) in Ohafia LGA of Abia State, have vowed to work with Governor Okezie Ikpeazu and Uko Nkole to ensure his smooth re-election in 2019.
The party’s stakeholders and members from Ohafia South who spoke during the town hall meeting held on Saturday 6th January, 2018 at Dekoko hotel, Asaga road, Ebem Ohafia expressed satisfaction with the performance of the Governor and the federal representative within two years and called on all sons and daughters of the community to support Uko Nkole and the Governor to lead Abia State to prosperity
The communique was endorsed by party stakeholders, including the Leader of the Party, Chief Ukpai Agwu Ukpai, Hon. Kingsley Imaga, Chief Onyema Agbai, Barr. Okon, Chief Olugu K. Ugba, Hon. Mrs. Tessy Odum, Hon. Prince Ndubuisi Onugu, Chief Sampson Anaga, Hon. Chief Mrs. Inyang Olugu, Councillors representing the wards from Ohafia south, , women leaders, youth leaders and others.
Speaking at the meeting, the Member representing Arochukwu/Ohafia federal constituency, Honorable Uko Nkole, assured Ohafia Community that he will continue to represent their interests at the National Assembly and vowed to ensure that all his constituency projects he put into budget will be actualised.
Honorable Nkole who listed his various constituency interventions at Ohafia which includes;
* Ibina Ohafia water scheme.
* Water reticulation at Eziukwu and Mgbaga from Ekeluogo water scheme in Ebem Ohafia.
* Rehabilitation of Ishi Mmiri water scheme at Elu Ohafia.
*Influencing the return to site of the contractor handling the rehabilitation of the Arochukwu- Ohafia- Abiriba federal road, Beks Kimse Nigeria Limited.
*Liaising with the relevant agencies like FERMA to ensure that the Bende/Ohafia road is rehabilitated while also ensuring that the necessary appropriation is made available for the project.
* Reconstruction of Mmuri bridge, Ohafia.
* Construction of one bedroom apartment for widows in Mgbaga, Ebem Ohafia.
* Supported financially the 2015/2016 CHAMA free medical scheme for those that undergone surgery.
* Ongoing construction of five classroom block in Amankwu, Ohafia.
*In partnership with CHAMA (a Canada based NGO) he built a six classroom block in Ndi Aku Ohafia which has existed for 100 years without any elementary school.
* Registration of First School Leaving Certificate Examination for over 500 indigent pupils in Arochukwu and Ohafia.
* A solar street light for Okagwe and Nkwebi Ohafia.
* Provision and installation of five transformers for the following: Timber shade, Ebem, Hospital road, Elu, Isiama layout, Amaekpu and Akanu Ohafia.
* He has also taken up and addressing the issue of over billing of members of his constituency by EEDC.
*Also, he is embarking on some palliative works on some of our roads as he equally donated over 100 bags of cement to Elu community for palliatives works to control drainage.
*The flag off of the construction of 1km road in Amangwu Ohafia.
*Through his efforts, 27 persons has been offered an employment in the Federal Civil Service Commission which Ohafia sons and daughters also benefitted from and appealed to the people to ensure that they get their Permanent Voters Card ready to reward the Governor for his lofty strides in the state.
Also speaking, the Leader of PDP in Ohafia, Chief Ukpai Agwu Ukpai thanked the Governor for appointing many sons and daughters of Ohafia LGA into his government and assured the people that the Ohafia ring road which the Governor flagged off among others will be actualised.
He called on the people to continue to support the Governor, his Deputy, Rt Hon Sir Ude Oko Chukwu and Uko Nkole as well as other elected and appointed state officials from the LGA.
Do you have any Story You would like to be Published on PUO REPORTS? or you want to Place Adverts on the Website, If yes email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp us on 08050930922