The Kano State Government has expressed concern over poor state of infrastructural facilities in the state public schools, saying an estimated number of 223 students are sharing only one toilet in their respective schools across the state.
The State Deputy Governor, Prof Hafiz Abubakar, who confirmed this yesterday, at a workshop organised by the Kano Sate ministry for local government and community development on girl child education, described as unacceptable the ratio of 223 students per one public school toilet in the state, adding that it poses alot of risks of infectious diseases.
Prof Abubakar said the survey which gulped about N45m, also shows a huge disparity between male and female teachers of about 70 to 30 percent male and female and 95% of the female are teaching in urban areas while the remaining 5% teach in over 34 LGAs situated in rural areas.
On this note, the Deputy Governor said only female teachers with NCE will be considered in the forthcoming recruitment exercise, therefore instructing the State Commissioner for Logal Government, Alh Murtala Sule Goro to focus his attention on those from the rural areas who will be willing to teach within their locality to address the challenges of girl child education in the state.
Responding, the Commissioner for LG said 20 applicants will be considered for screening from each LGA with special interest in rural areas, adding that the periodic workshop, with 5,959 overall targeted participants was organised to improve the enrolment and retention of girl child education in the State.
Do you have any Story You would like to be Published on PUO REPORTS? or you want to Place Adverts on the Website, If yes email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp us on 08050930922