All may not be well between Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State and his Anambra State counterpart, Governor Willie Obiano as the former, yesterday openly declared that his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) will take over governance from the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) in the 2017 Anambra State Governorship election.
Governor Okorocha made the assertion while speaking with Journalists in Imo State at his Spibat residence in Owerri, the Imo State capital.
According to Okorocha “APC will win Anambra Governorship election in 2017, the state needs APC to grow and by the grace of God we shall win it. We won in Edo and Ondo States, we will win Anambra also”.
He disclosed that the challenge of the party was to get the best candidate out of the lot angling for the post.
Speaking on the payment of pension arrears in Imo State, Governor Okorocha said by Saturday, December 17, 2016, all arrears will be cleared, saying “we have rolled out N9 billion to settle all pension issues dating to December 2016. We are paying all pension claims either founded or unfounded; real or unreal; we are paying them all off by Saturday this week”.
He disclosed that from January 2017, the state will commence a new pension scheme that will incorporate all the pensioners to avoid another payment backlog as currently witnessed.
According to him, pensioners who retired on grade 1 to 6 will collect 100 per cent while those who retired from grade level 7 to 17 will be negotiated.
However, the State chapter of the Nigerian Union of Pensioners (NUP) have rejected the purported 40 per cent payment of their arrears, refusing to forgo the remaining 60 per cent.
Do you have any Story You would like to be Published on PUO REPORTS? or you want to Place Adverts on the Website, If yes email us at
or Whatsapp us on 08050930922