Early morning fire destroys 10 rooms, five shops

0
14

After an early morning fire incident, which started around 6:00a.m. in Bariga area of Lagos yesterday, some residents of Shogbamu Street were left in sorrow as goods and property worth millions of naira got burnt.

Though no life was lost, 10 rooms, five shops and properties worth millions of naira were lost to the incident. It was leant that the inferno was caused by an electrical surge from an electronics shop.

It was gathered that but for the timely intervention of the Lagos State Fire Service from both Ilupeju and Ikeja axis in collaboration with other emergency and rescue agencies, the situation would had been worse.

Their intervention helped to curtail the spread of the fire to other buildings in the neighbourhoood.
In spite of the concerted efforts coupled with assistance from some residents, only a little could be retrieved by the victims before the inferno consumed their properties.

In the bid to help put off the fire before the fire service arrive the scene, some youths n the area helped to pour water to put off the ravaging fire. Some who could dare, climbed the roof of building to quench the fire.

The General Manager of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Mr. Michael Akindele, advised Lagosian to always ensure that all electrical appliances are switch off after the close of work or when not in use.

“They should also avoid the use of naked cables and illegal connections,” he said.

THE GAURDIAN


Do you have any Story You would like to be Published on PUO REPORTS? or you want to Place Adverts on the Website, If yes email us at info@puoreports.com or Whatsapp us on 08050930922
Loading...

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here