According to Naij, the reasons for the ban include:
1. The 2016 budget as proposed by the Ministry of Budget and Planning has zero provision for international travels and tours.
2. In line with the circular on implementation of travel guidelines issued by the Secretary to the government of the federation in January 2015, there is restriction of provisions for foreign travels.
3. Restriction of foreign travels was because of the need to cover other operational activities that are not financially tasking by the civil servants.
4. The Civil Service Commission had requested for 160 million naira for the foreign trips but this request is likely to be declined.
5. The decision was made because of the dwindling oil revenue and the Muhammadu Buhari government’s commitment to reduce recurrent expenditure in this financial year.
Do you have any Story You would like to be Published on PUO REPORTS? or you want to Place Adverts on the Website, If yes email us at email@example.com or Whatsapp us on 08050930922